2014 Huck 8' 0" x 22" x 3 5/8" The Banana Boat

Year Built2014
ShaperHuck
ManufacturerHuck
Model NameThe Banana Boat
Locationtumbleweed beach park

Fat board, lots of volume out to the rails, with wide tail, slight concave in nose, flat through middle, slight double-concave V in tail, flattening out at the very back. Converted from a quad to single fin / twin fin option in 2020.

US Blanks 8-2 A “red” density, glassed with RR epoxy 6+4+4 deck, 6+4 bottom. Fat rails with a chine or bevel “release” edge along bottom. The 8-2 A is a high volume blank for a bigger (or older) guys’ shortboard, and its a great blank to work from in my opinion, giving options that were previously very difficult to achieve.

Yellow tint bottom and rails, epoxy color swirl on deck, Carmen Miranda deck emblem handpainted with brush directly onto the foam before glassing. White pinline painted between layers of glass, black pinline resin on top.

Quad setup: back of slots at 7" from tail and 14" from tail, fronts set in 1" from rail, backs set in 1 7/8" from rail (measuring to center of slot), 1/4" toe in fronts, 3/16" toe in backs (all fin slots set along lines that converge at 14" in front of nose). 4 degrees cant on both fronts and backs (ProBox are adjustable, so cant is adjustable).

Fin plugs are ProBox, fins are FCS composites from Fiberglass Hawaii. I started off with a smaller set of quad fins, but the board lacked the drive I desired. After talking with Steve at FGH Ventura, I bought the FCS fins - they were a little bigger, and foiled a bit different, but work great. I’m totally stoked on the way it rides.

Inspired by the “Lineup Killer” by Mahady Surfboards, and with helpful suggestions from Tom Mahady - thanks Tom!