2017 Fishing SUP

Another mad scientist project for when the surf is small or flat.
My buddy Jason gave me a 12’ blank to support my fishing SUP project. I wanted to make a board that was a bit heavier and strong that I can point into the wind. I decided to do a giant short board template at 12’ x 35” x 4 5/8”. This ended up having a yellow foamed stained bottom with full 4 and 6 oz. cloth and with a carbon stripe down the middle. I skinned the deck with 1/16” balsa, sitting on top 6 oz. cloth tipped with a full 6 oz. deck with a 4 oz. deck path.
Single fin with the plastic Future keel fin. I have several loop leashes to hold down milk crate pole holders, coolers and bungees. Two leash cups in the rails for a carrying strap.
There is a wax mat pad from Surfco Hawaii. Interesting stuff.
I slapped together a rectangular milk crate to hold poles, landing nets, paddle and fishing gear. Now praying for time off and good weather to go fishing.

More pics

Love it!
Would be quite a ride if you hook up with a TOAD…

Love your fishing SUPs UncleD.

Looking good! How many liters of beer does it hold? :slight_smile:

Me or the board? I don’t know but that cooler should hold 24 cans easy! LOL!

I have an anchor and a drag chute for that. Wishful thinking.

Looking fine Uncle D! It’d be great to hear your thoughts about the traction after a few trips. I have yet to try any of the see-through stuff.

Nice as always Uncle D!

I like everything but the YUM YUM YELLOW.

I really like the simple yet functional knot work on your deck netting.

It’s like color chum. Actually I am pretty blind without my glasses so I need bright colors in order to see my board just in case I go swimming.