4WFS - Making fins

I’m looking into these fins and found that they enable a lot of versatility. I was planning on making fins for the setup, but was thrown off by the fins having built in cant. From what I read their fins have a 4 degree cant built in. Does this mean that a 0 degree sleeve has -4 cant to off set the 4 degree cant built into the fin?
In other word putting a standard fin, with altered tabs to fit, in the pods would give a -4 degree cant?
4 degree sleeve= 0 cant
and so on…?
Please enlighten me.

Paging chrisp… or maybe Ian if he checks in still.

I’m sure one of them will chime in. They both use em.

The fins have build in 6 degrees of cant on the side fins. So if you install zero degree inserts and use a fin with a straight base its simply no cant. As for a centerfin for example.
But yes , you can offset the cant on side fins with other inserts, installing a 6 degree inserts will give you 12 deg cant, rotate it and you have 0 deg.
Their website should have all information, better check…

That’s interesting. I thought the sleeves would relate to the cant you’d get while using their fins. That makes everything a lot easier then. Anyways got some being shipped from Oz so I’ll be able to get going on some fin modification ASAP

Sorry, haven’t checked Swaylocks in a while…
Where are you located KDagostino?
I could use some more 4WFS stuff and would love to get in on shipping with you if you are in California…

Anyways, Jspr is correct.
I have made a bunch of G10 fins for 4WFS.
Way easier than FCS.
Plus you get to use thicker stock wich makes for a better foil.
Make EXTRA sure you make the tabs fit SNUG.
It’s not like FCS where the screws can suck up some of the slop in the tabs.
Because there is a screw on both sides of the tab, the tab needs to fit perfect and the screws just keep it from falling out.
Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.