5'9" inspired by the Robert August Fun Dip

I saw Sam August riding a Robert August Fun Dip a couple weeks ago and it looked like a really fun board so this my attempt at something similar.

Mine is going to be 5’9"x 21 1/2"x 2 1/2". The nose is 18" and the tail is 17 1/2". It will be set up as a quad and for the bottom I’m thinking flat to singe concave, I am definitely open to suggestions on the bottom as I have no experience with boards like this.

Concave for narrow tails (because they need more surface area and lift) and convex for wide tails (they already have a lot of surface area - they need more control). A panel vee with even just 3/16th will work. Sharp edge with a little tuck for release. On a wide board you might also consider adding just a hint of a chine along the side to smooth the rail to rail. 1-2 passes with a sanding block would do it. You want it to be so subtle it takes a straight edge to see it.

I do my bottoms before I turn my rails, starting with getting it dead flat, then adding the chine and panel vee. I protect my intended edge with masking tape so I don’t accidentally sand into it when I’m turning my rails.

I checked out on of RA’s actual boards and found out they go flat to single to double concave, so I went with that. I did however follow your other tips and it made everything easier. Thanks!

Finished it, now have to ride it.