6’4 retro fish dimensions

I am currently shaping my first board from a 6’6 poly blank. I was thinking a 6’4 retro fish and I am looking for dimensions.

Well you ddnt give too much information about what type of waves or how you want it to ride or how big you are or which blank you are working with but I will take a shot

I shaped a 6’5" quad Fish (I know you said retro, but this is what I have dims for) dims were 16.5 Nose 22 wide (+4) 16.5 tail , 10.75 between tips I kept foil thick , I believe I used 6’8" P blank

I have a big Zippi fish 

6’4" 16.5 N/ 22 W/ 17 T - about 9.5 between tips (he puts a lot more curve in the tail)

The Zippi is not a “true” retro fish but works fantastic

Caveat I am not the best shaper, but the quad fish was one of the boardsI liked best

Good luck and post some pictures

Jimi

…61 is the maximum for a fish more will not have the “fishness” feeling.

For ALL the shapes that have more nose you better not to go larger because when you are standing up; actually surfing, all that other stuff designed for when you are in prone position to take off or paddling will fight against you.

You need to understand a design until throw away measurements. Understand the concept behind.

If you are big or too tall; is not a problem really. Think in MR; Anderson and other great surfers that are big and rode sub six boards (the boards that were the norm in that time)

If you think that would be too small; think in other design.

There are no longboards that perform as a longboard at 6ft; just start at 9ft. Think about it.

I have seen lots of generalizations about Fish Size.  If you expect a 7’6" board to perform like a 5’6"-6’1" board you are a fool.

However, a properly re-sized fish concept brings a new dynamic to the midlength board genre.

It is my observation that very few re-sized fish have been built and ridden in the mid-size range.  And yet, lots of negatives are thrown out about longer interpretations of the fish shape.  I question wether those criticisms are made by those who prefer riding mid-length surfboards.

I have ridden boards from 5’6" to 9’8" inches.  I prefer a length of 7’6".  I also found the oldstyle longboard/noserider of the late 60s (Bing Nuuhiwa and Weber Performer) to be a fun riding style that I prefer over modern designs.

Just sayin’…