A Real Double-Ender

looks like a wake board… i say go for this design n give us the ride report…gots to be a slam dunk… carve some channels in the foam to really give it some bite…smokin tail.

You are a little late. The Greek designed and built a board called the Pickle in the late 60s. It was a double ender with a fin box on each end. It was a nose rider going one way and a beach break board going the other way. We sold a whole bunch of them. I will post a picture of one later. Good idea but as I said just a little late.

Greek

Wow man, did it have the tunnel fins on both ends?

Spun Surfboards:

http://spunsports.com/2008/

GregLoehr also did a spun template a while back with fins on both ends. Might have been called the Waterweapon DE? I’ve ridden one myself. Even though I’ve never been the skaterboarder-become-surfer that is required to really light up on such a design, I did manage some fun twisty, reverse-y maneuvers on it.

Not then - But lets see whats cooking in the near future!!

Hi janklow, D fin is not a stock item, but I can make you anything you want. Send me a template of what you would like and I will make it happen.

Also here’s a pic Greek sent me of a Board he made in the late 60’s called a “PICKLE”. This board is on display at the John Wayne Airport in a exhibit by Surfing Heritage Foundation.

This double ender “PICKLE” is 7’ with Wave Set boxes at each end. This is the board I was telling you I seen in Greek’s garage.

Mahalo,Larry

www.ProBoxfinsystems.com

You.

janklow, In looking at your drawing are you calling a “D” fin the Spitfire? Because if so a Spitfire fin is a stock item. Mahalo,Larry

Larry–theyre like a quadfire set but more sweep to the leading edges and the trailing edges are more rounded outward–less point too, I guess–basically like if you took the point and moved it backward and down and sqauashed the trailing edge outline outward–the reverse D fin thread of a couple days ago has the pics of something very like the things I have in mind–one current iteration of the fin design which I guess goes back 40 years or more to Phil Edwards

Here VVV

http://www.swaylocks.com/…;;page=unread#unread

and here VVV

Quote:

Larry–theyre like a quadfire set but more sweep to the leading edges and the trailing edges are more rounded outward–less point too, I guess–basically like if you took the point and moved it backward and down and sqauashed the trailing edge outline outward–the reverse D fin thread of a couple days ago has the pics of something very like the things I have in mind–one current iteration of the fin design which I guess goes back 40 years or more to Phil Edwards

Here VVV

http://www.swaylocks.com/…;;page=unread#unread

and here VVV

http://yaplog.jp/…/img20080226_2_p.jpg

one of our first spitfires looked like that. I Loaned it to Ricky Carroll. have not heard back yet.

I had in mind more sweep, more base, less height, and mounting them in reverse from what’s shown there, come to think of it

BUMPED UP, FOR DAVID IN SPAIN. PM to forum member OLLIE, to see if he will re-post some photo’s of his board.

Thank you, Bill!
Didnt know this thread existef, I will study it for a while, thank you all too

Check this out. The first shot is Emmerick, a lifeguard on Oahu. He makes these boards that can be ridden from either end. This black board is under 6’ and maybe 18" wide. He has a 7’6" single fin that is set up to be ridden with the wide point forward or reverse for the wide point behind center. Very low rockered boards.

Another video with Emerick Ishikawa surfing one of his double ender boards. This board is 7-6 and the design is a wide tail back or wide tail forward single fin. Unfortunately, OTW snapped it in half.

whoops

6’10" x 23"x 2.75". assist build with a newbie to building boards. Started with 8’0"arctic PU blank, hand shaped, balsa top and bottom with paulownia rails. going to pop with glassing. Confusing tail and nose every step of the build.

zowie!
…ambrose…

Another nice one Charlie. Is that you in the surf shot? Outer reef outside your house.

Hi Harry, hasn’t been that big behind my house since 1995. jan 12th or 13th at Himalayas, more towards John brown’s than Lani’s, too much north in swell. Photo taken by tow partner. Prone paddlers having all the fun.