A (short) Personal Short Board History

Balsa strips to give the fin box strength. I forgot to do this before I glassed the bottom, so I went through the deck. The board doesn’t have a stringer.

Oh, really? Cool, I always thought you had to run the supports parallel to the box. Interesting…

I have seen it, haha!  Got the ride report too, sounds like a keeper :slight_smile:

no pics tho, sorry.

Well, what was your reaction, upon seeing it?

I like it! Looks like a fun shape, easy paddler, cool looking fins, and it gets a thumbs up from the owner.

The new owner is stoked on the board. Impeccable craftsmenship of course and surfs bitchen.  I’ll post photos when I get a chance. Just got back from SD today. 8 hour drive, nap, a hike with the wife, then dinner honoring the community service of a friend. Mike

Honestly, doing business with Bill T. is a pleasure.  True professional plus you get to talk story with someone who has surfed,dived, fished with the legends.  Boards are one of a kind. mike

Here’s some photos.

The fins and foil.

Photos don’t do it justice by a long shot.Beautiful board, surfs great. Can’t wait to get it in some of the clean lined up points north of cansas. Mike

Not to put too fine a point on it, but don’t you think Cansas should be spelled with a capital   C  ?     

Beautiful Bill, did you make the fins too?

No, I supplied the template to Fins Unlimited, and had them make them.     The fins were foiled by Bill Obayashi.      He has been foiling fins since the mid 1960’s.       

Love it.  I particularly love that tail/fins shot.  That’s a serious looking engine.  

Hi Bill. I believe this is resinbutt’s spelling, so I’ll stick with it. Or, maybe Resinhead… They both give me a chuckle. Mike