about this points stuff, and cancer.

I can’t reply to my topic about bonzer longboard,even to acknowledge a comment,because i don’t have enough points,whatever,so I am just posting something to get points.I purposely stay off the internet as much as possible,and deleted my facebook and Instagram accounts,life is too short and precious to waste time on internet and social media, in my case,nothing drives that home like having stage 4 cancer.Speaking of cancer,to all you men and women,I was diagnosed with stage 3 colorectal cancer in 2011 but my oncologist said that it was already metastisized to both my lungs,stage 4,even though it didn’t register on pet/cat scan at the time.The thing is that I had ZERO symptoms,not at one,was laid off work and at 55 years old,using up all my accrued unemployment and surfing every day,top shape.I had a colonoscopy done when I turned 50,given the all clear,told that I didn’t need one for another 10 years.At the insistence of a VA PA,when I applied for and was accepted for VA health care,I did another colonoscopy,5 years later,and that is how it was discovered.Another year and I would have been history .So the consensus is that the polyp was missed by the doc doing the colonoscopy,and apparently it happens pretty often.The fecal occult blood test also did not show it.So moral of the story,do a colonoscopy at 50,or even earlier if you have any kind of family history,telling insurance that you have family history is the key.Voila,how many points to I have now,Mr Administrator? Aloha to all.

Sorry for your troubles and i wish you the best.  I changed your posting status (don’t know why you couldn’t respond).  it should work for you now.  Godspeed

Thank you,thank you,all good.And surf is up,wind is down,so grateful.

Good to know you remain a koa la koa in your battle with cancer, Kava…every day in the water is another good one…

Yes I too am sorry for your troubles. The site moderators didn’t come up with the 10 points minimum, but we have to live with it. 

I gave you points on both your responses earlier, and changed your status to trusted (can post replies) twice. But when you get another point, it reverts back, until you hit 10. It’s an imperfect system, but the moderators work hard to make it as user friendly as we can.

[Quote=wikipedia]Overall, the GI tract and the accessory organs of digestion (pancreas, liver, gall bladder) are responsible for more cancers and more deaths from cancer than any other system in the body.
[/quote]
I am a big advocate of colon health. At age 64 I fasted for one week and had an intestinal cleanse for the first time, and lost 20 lbs. of tumors, polyps, and black sludge. I honestly had no idea that was in me. With intermittent fasting and herbal cleansing I was able to lose another 10 lbs. since then. So far my last 2 tests have come up cancer free, but I’m feeling like I dodged a bullet.

Thanks Huck.I tried the intermittent fasting but because of chemo I have to eat whenever I feel a little hungry.But it is a sound practice I believe.Glad to know you are cancer free.I am on an anti inflammatory diet,I like it,it’s sustainable.Stay well,aloha

Absolutely,whenever one can paddle out,it’s happiness.

i have a Crohn disease for 24 years, chronic inflammation of intestine, lost a piece of intestine, have immunosuppressive treatement,  and it’s opposite, i have to eat small amount all day long.

Kava - now that I am in maintenance mode, that is pretty much the protocol I follow also. It was just during the weight loss period that I stuck to the intermittent fasting protocol. Often just eating one meal a day. I do still like an occasional day of fasting, but mostly just eat when hungry. 

So good that you’re in maintenance mode.I started taking red ginseng to see if it would help with chemo fatigue,I was so dead tired after a surf session or chemo infusion.I know this can’t be the placebo effect,because fatigue is real,but it’s working better than I thought.After a month I plan to take a two week break and try american ginseng.Just saying this in case it can help someone else…

Kava, my friend had stage 4 colorectal cancer a few years ago, he didn’t have symptoms either. He was lucky that he’s originally from Minnesota and his father was a strong supporter of the Mayo Clinic. He flew back and they immediately took him in for chemo then they removed a portion of his colon. He has to use a colostomy bag, but he’s been fine for the last couple of years. My mother had early stage colon cancer a long time ago and she had a portion of her colon removed, she’s now 90. Colon cancer can be beat.

mahalo for the kind words and positive vibes,'aina mano.Been there and done that and a lot more,got to say that always wanting to get back surfing after all the surgeries,radiation,etc…and needing surf sessions after chemo sessions has helped me tremendously.Part of it I believe is because surfers are eternal optimists,always believing there’s another wave/swell/great conditions on the way.