Accurate planer - Sacred Craft show

It looks like a great tool. I thought about doing this myself many years ago and actually sent a Skil 100 to Taiwan for a look-see by the tool guys over there. We were going to have them cast in aluminum like the old skils. It never played out (mainly because I didn’t follow up).  I like the way you are doing these with the machined aluminum. Unlike foundry casting you can probably make one of these tools without a huge amount of man hours on a small production run.

$1200 is not a lot of money for a pro shaper to spend on a tool. I think you will do OK with them. I will probably buy one even thought i have a quiver of skils. I am a tool freak.There are a LOT of tool freaks out there. The wooden boat guys may like these also. (any way to go with more amps?)

I would do the vaccum adaptor and offer the short cord option. I also like the rounded polished edge idea. I do that on all of my planers.I have a few questions.

1.How much does it weigh compared to a Skil?

2.is the motor US made? Eventually the motor will go out (they all do). Are you going to offer repair service??

1. What about parts? Are you going to keep them in stock.

4.Is the belt like the old Skils with a toothed sprocket or more modern like the Boschs and Hitachis??

1. I watched the video and was impressed. I really like the subtle “click” thing on the depth lever. I do that on mine and it’s tricky to get em just right.

2. If you could offer sanding drums and spiral cutterheads like on the Versaplanes you would have the whole ball of wax.There are some amazing new tweaks on planer cutterheads. Sectional.Spiral.Uname it. Enough already. My head is going to explode just thinking about it all.

cleanlines    what sanity so well put

i to will get one      240v?

cheers huie

They do look the goods!..waiting for answers on this one…

Here is a picture of a cutterhead using the new designs. There is some amazing stuff out there. Same goes for sandpaper and abrasives. It is mind boggling. A friend of mine went to some kind of Auto Body Shop trade show and said there was new sandpaper and sanding pads that were amazing.

If it's y-o-u-r money, don't listen to anyone else and spend it the way you want it.  I think this puppy would look really nice carrying it (visibly) while getting out of your De Lorean upon arrival at work; whether you have enough of that or not.

There will always be haves and have nots.

Aqualung my friend, don't you start away uneasy..........

Just wanted to thank everyone that came by the Accurate Planer booth at the show this weekend. We met alot of very cool people and everyone seemed pretty stoked on the planers. We took some pictures and video and will get it up on our web site asap.

www.AccurateWaterman.com

This looks to be a well made tool and there was some thought put into it, I wonder, are there adapters for vacuum hoses? One for 1.5 and 2 inch hoses each. Why wasn’t the port made round? In the world of power hand tools, $1200-$1500 is pretty expensive considering what is out there. Everysurfer is right about that. The Skill100’s go for such a price because of the scarcity, not the quality alone. I think it’s time to come up with a powerful cordless planer tailored to the shaping industry. That might be worth something. 

well a well made surfboard is worth the price of this tool

whichmakes the tool worth the price to such a builder  its time to come home and look after your own

where possible.

early sixtys i paid more than dble what i was geting for a board for sander or planer

the sander i still use to day & there is no machine on the market like it.

a good tool is worth the extra

**                                                        cheers huie

Place your order then.  Buy it.  Brag about it.  Show us pictures.  Quit talkin' $#!t!   Buy one and lead the way.  We're all sheep.  We'll follow.

We will make an adapter for a vacuum hose for sure. The port was shaped so everything exits as quickly as possible to prevent clogging.

It is expensive and you get what you pay for in this case. It’s not just a pretty Skil. It is improved and it is made out of better materials to last longer and work more efficiently. We use a 20,000 rpm motor versus the 12,500 in the Skil 100, for example. That means you mow through foam and the stringer quicker and without tearing. EVS included. 

Accurate’s position in both the planer and fishing world is making things right so they last and making it the USA. Spare no expense. Sure it is a smaller niche and not everyone will want to spend the extra money, but those who do will get a killer planer with a warranty, parts and customer service to back it up right here in America. 

Here’s a video from the planer debut party at Jed Noll’s shop a couple weekends ago. We will post photos and pictures from the Sacred Craft show soon as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bhY8B4wLos

Congrats to Matt Biolos of Lost Surfboards for winning the shape-off at the Sacred Craft show last weekend. Accurate planer in hand.

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/matt-biolos-wins-tribute-to-the-masters-shape-off_46523/

MTH, I believe all the claims made and don’t doubt this is one solid dependable tool. As a purchase, I’ve been looking at it as a woodworker where we use many different tools though the course of the day. But, as a production shaper, you need a tool to perform everyday…ALL DAY. When comparing planers in my head, this thought came up and it justifies the expense as long as it meets the claims. I will ALWAYS try to choose a tool made in the USA, and I can appreciate what it is you all are doing and offering. I thought, has my door planer (Porter Cable 126) held up to this claim? Don’t know because I don’t use it everyday ALL DAY. This really changes my view on the expense of your planers. If it realizes all claims I say WELL DONE!!! If I could use this planer with the daily demand of a pro shaper, it is well worth the cost and if I were in need I’d probably buy two since my livelyhood depends on its consistency. I had to change my view to really understand the cost. In other words… I’m sold. NICE PLANER!

i note in your video you name an australian is he your contact if so can you provide details

Bitchin! Nice long cords…Finally! A carbide spiral cutter would be really nice, this tool deserves one.

I

ve had several Skil 100’s and no complaints. When I got the large Clark Hitachi’s (2) the power difference was noticeable and after getting used to the knob versus front slider of the Skil, I actually preferred the Hitachi. I then bought the small Clark Hitachi when they released that, but halfway thru a longboard it was clear that it wouldn’t suit my shaping style and I sold it to Steve Brom who does a lot of fish amongst other things.

There is a question here… how does your planer compare in power to the larger Clark Hitachi? I’ve used that planer nearly every day for years, and other than replacing a few belts I’ve never had a problem. I also want to add that when I first started going thru belts, I deduuced it was primarily because I was shaping more EPS and that was getting inside and melting the belts. I then put fine screen over the openings to rememdy that problem. The Hitachi remains a great tool, and unlike my sawed off Skils, I learned to utilize the long tail of the Hitachi for blocking when running in reverse (which I do one helluva a lot).

Sorry… meant to address this to MTH!

that is a nice machine