ACE workshop Fire.

ACE,

That is agonizing to look at.      Many degrees past painful.        I know a piece of you went into creating each one of those.

One of them was a 30th birthday board for my daughter. It had a super custom wooden fin…

I’m so sorry for your loss Ace, but looking at the bright side, I’m sure knowing your safe after the fire is the best gift you could ever give your daughter. 

Starting to take an invetory of what is gone. Pretty much everything. Besides my Skil planers,  maybe one could be put together out of the three that got toasty, I am looking for a needle in a haystack. I used the 14" BLADE Surform model #21-155 a lot. I think I can find some blades I lost my handles. If anyone has one that they would like to part with please let me know. Starting over sucks. After years of shaping I had everything dialed in nice and comfy. so many little custom made tools and jigs my “FINDICATOR” just gone…

Do you still have the bodies of those 14” flats? 

Blades are on eBay I know, the bodies not so much. Handles can be made I’m sure  

If you need the physical body I know a guy who loves those things and may let one of his go. 

I had 3 bodies one with flat blade one with half round one spare all gone…

I was looking for the extremely rare long blade surform.  Bing Copeland is going to give me his…My “new” shed might not be the same as the old one but with all the help I have recieved it is going to be a special place…

The bodies to hold the 14” blades are pretty hard to find. The blades both flat and half round can be found online.  

A wood handle could be made pretty easy as long as your bodies are still in ok shape 

Although I made this handle for a micro plane it could be easily adapted to house a sureform blade.  This works well on narrow pieces, like rails, but due to the way the the micro plane mounts, it does not work well on decks or bottoms.  With a sureform blade the mounting will be different and eliminate that problem.

I like that! 

Special delivery by Bing… Also thank you to some amazing offers from people on Swaylocks via private message.