Adios..

Just wanted to wish all the forum members the best of luck.

A recent injury ended a 55 year long non-stop affair with surfing, a passion since 12 that has brought me so much joy, pulled me around the world to bitchen places, made me great friends, and provided me with an over-abundance of wonderful memories I will carry to the end.

Now time to step away from surfing and move closer to grandkids and a new way of living that isn’t driven by swell and wind, will always be massively grateful for what surfing gave to me and still gives to my son, who now goes over the ledge for both of us.

So an adios to the good folks on this forum and it’s fount of knowledge, long may you run, may you have the best fortune possible.

cheers,

Lance Conragan
Surfnfish

I hope you are able to recover to the point that you will drop in periodically. You’ve always brought value to the forum. Best of luck to you.

as one who has entered the “swansong days” of my surfing life, I wish you the best in whatever you pursue, surfing’s life lessons never leave us. Glad and grateful for your participation here! And sorry about the injury!!!

…Adios and good luck with the recovery.

Lance, you have added a lot of good input. I hope you someday get back in the water. Water is life, water heals us. Enjoy your family and take care!
Aloha, a hui hou!

Everyone is rolling that direction. However, to paraphrase a section from the movie Jaws “I think we need a bigger board.”

Lance, thanks for all of your contributions, I wish you well.

All the best to you

Good honest post that 1cc… memories make you rich .

Old Age and Injury may force you out of the Water But like US Marine, once you are a “Surfer” You are always “Surfer” There is a difference in being a Surfer and just being someone that rides waves.

I have said it here before " I’ve been a surfer longer than anything else". It will be 51 years this May and to be honest I’m getting a bit concerned about the pop-up and balance. I still go out when the waves cooperate, but those days are few and far between. Keep the spirit alive and try to get out when you can.

all of us will come to this place in time, I felt I had narrowly dodged the bullet last week when I got hurt, but all of us will one day hang our surf trunks up, may better days be ahead and a warm peeler entice you back to the mistress ocean

There’s a lot of life out there. Enjoy it. I’m getting there myself. I’m sure I haven’t been anywhere near as active as you have been the last few years. Reserve my quality surfing for periods of time in Northern Calif. mostly these days. Summers and fall only up here in Oregon. Fishing is a damned good activity and I live near two of the best rivers up here. I just recently read the article on Gordon Clark and the ranching life. Pretty encouraging. Lowel

You can go surfing, but you are a surfer. That will never change. Embrace your change in lifestyle, and enjoy what it brings.

Pee in your wetsuit one more time!

Gonna miss you…
Oh,
no matter what
you never stop surfing…
Aloha Nui Loa!