Advice on design for first board

First of all, I should say this forum has helped me out in so many ways with resources and information that I have been cruising by here everyday to absorb as a much as possible. I really do appreciate the treasure trove of information you all have collected on this site.

With that said, I want to design a board that is specifically made for me and the conditions I surf. I tend to stay in the southbay/north L.A. area. Most of the time we have mushy 2-4ft (every so often it's good or I roll to newps but that's why I have a 6'2") so I'm thinking of a board meant for those conditions. I have already come up with a shape that's similar to my friends just a bit shorter, a bit wider, and less rocker on the nose. I am also thinking of using 1/4" vee in the last 18" of the tail just to center the board for a Mckee quad set up. By the way I'm 5'8", weigh 160 lbs., intermediate level surfer, and shaping a PU. I am too stoked for this! Any and all constructive criticism/advice will be appreciated.

2 1/2" seems like quite a bit of rocker in the tail for a 5'10". especially with that much curve in the outline (which looks really fun by the way)...

you could probaly use more like 1 3/4" - 2" in the tail and be good. you could probably drop the nose rocker a little too...

take it with a grain of salt though, i'm just a backyard hack...