Advise on Vintage Boards Value

Hi, I am new to the group.

I have a Hansen Cardiff in very good condition. What might it be worth?

Appreciated.

Nalu_Kismet

A close up photo, of the board number (deck side, near the tail), would be very helpful. Also board size, will enter into the desirability, and thus the value. The board number will help pin down the year of production, and who the shaper was. There’s a chance that it may have been me.

I agree with Bill T. These photos are insufficient to determine much, at all. Are there any dings or other damage? Those need to be seen.
The fin looks like it may be a variation of the Doyle fin, but the photo makes it impossible to tell what it is.
Generally speaking, it looks every bit like a stock Hansen from around 1965. The condition may make it worth a bit more than similar boards, but it’s a pretty generic board of the period.
IOW, as mid 60s longboards go, the value isn’t very high.

Thanks for the feedback, i hope these pics are helpful. The number looks like 7816-C

Best

Nalu Kismet

I forgot to add this, Is’ 9.5 feet long 22.5 inches wide.

Thanks

Nalu_kismet

Based on your board’s number, it is a late 1965, or very early 1966. Your board was shaped by Bill (Willy) Clark. He is an outstanding craftsman, who went into custom boat design and building. At one point building a custom sail boat for Dennis Conner, of Americas Cup fame.

Thanks Bill,

Appreciate the back story on the board. It was used and loved on the Island of Long in the 70’s. It’s been in storage since. It’s time for someone else to enjoy it.

Can you share any feel for what a fiar value migh be?

Thanks

Nalu_Kismet

Aloha Nalu,
I have little experience in assessing vintage surfboard value. I’ve only seen two examples of your fin shape on Hansen boards. It is not an ordinary shape. Bird Huffman @ Bird’s Surf Shed has a Hansen board with that same fin. Contact him, and send photo’s. He has considerable knowledge of vintage board values.

“Like new condition” would not be an apt description of this board. Looks like the nose has been crunched a bit, and there’s some funny discoloration on the tail. At best, it might be an 8.5 on a 1 to 10 scale. A wet sand and polish would improve the appearance if you’re looking to sell. But, saying it’s like new would be misleading.

Will do Bill.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

Best

Nalu_Kismet

Thanks SammyA ,

I changed the description. I wanted to show it “as is” for this conversation.
Appreciated.

Nalu_Kismet