air bubbles in top laminate layer

I need some help…I just laminated the top of my blank and I ended up with littles air bubbles in some areas. I used two layers of 4 oz glass…and 2 qt of poly. resin…a couple of the bubbles are by the stringer…Is there any hope for this board…What should I do??? By the way this is my first home made board…Thanks…

I need some help…I just laminated the top of my blank and I ended up > with littles air bubbles in some areas. I used two layers of 4 oz > glass…and 2 qt of poly. resin…a couple of the bubbles are by > the stringer…Is there any hope for this board…What should I > do??? By the way this is my first home made board…Thanks… Just finish the board. Air floats. Go surf it and see how it rides. Thats the important thing. When laminating if you squeegee too hard and squeeze too much resin out, air bubbles will appear. I’ve heard this called a dry laminate. On your next board use UV resin. You have plenty of time to check the lamination before you cure it. When it looks ready to cure, stop and go over the board and check the areas where bubbles are likley to occurr, and add more resin if you see any bubbles. Work the resin in and bubbles out. Make sure you’ve got good lighting. Good luck and have fun.

Just finish the board. Air floats. Go surf it and see how it rides. Thats > the important thing.>>> When laminating if you squeegee too hard and squeeze too much resin out, > air bubbles will appear. I’ve heard this called a dry laminate. On your > next board use UV resin. You have plenty of time to check the lamination > before you cure it. When it looks ready to cure, stop and go over the > board and check the areas where bubbles are likley to occurr, and add more > resin if you see any bubbles. Work the resin in and bubbles out. Make sure > you’ve got good lighting. Good luck and have fun. Air bubbles can also happen if you don’t squeegee enough resin off. The fine line between to much and not enough resin is what you are trying to attain. This is one reason why good lamination is a type of art form and takes awhile to learn. It’s all in the touch. Aloha, Kokua