airbrush paint...

hey, is this paint good for airbrushing (http://www.foamez.com/cf/catalog.cfm?cat=3) ? It is at the bottom of the page. Should i water it down, use as is, or not buy at all? thanks! Sean

Hey Shawn, that would work fine. Just thin it to a consistency of vegetable oil with a little water and clear water-based acrylic. You could also go to the local hardware or paint store and buy the acrylic (water-based) paint from them. You can even bring in color samples they can mix to match. Good luck.

Hey Jones, Can I thin the acrylic paint with water for airbrushing? I only find a tube size acrylic paint, I wonder its for painting not airbrushing. Regards, Crabie

Hey Crabie, thats what I do. I also add a little clear acrylic (great tip from Cleanlines). As long as that tube paint is acrylic, and at the right viscosity after thinning (like vegetable oil) it should work fine for airbrushing. Hope this helps.

Thanks Jones… Regards, Crabie

Howzit Sean, I’m not familiar with this paint,so I hope foamez co has done some tests with it. The price is a little cheap for 16 oz. of paint and I tend to stay away from real cheap paints. Find out about it’s lightfastness since some paints will fade easily. Even the popular paint that Fiberglass Hi. sells has a tendency to fade real fast( I add other paint to solve this problem). Check the archives on this subject for some input. Aloha, Kokua

Howzit Sean, I’m not familiar with this brand, the price is cheap and i’m a little leery of cheap paints. Hopefully Foamez has done some tests with it and they stand behind the product. Some of the paint that Fiberglass Hi. sells has a tendency to fade pretty fast so I add other paint to insure lightfastness. I’d find someone who is familiar with it get some input or do a test before you commit yourself. Good luck,Aloha, Kokua

i buy plain water based air brush paint…i think it’s called Createx. i never have added anything to it, should i? will the clear acrylic make it bond better to the foam? i always worry when glassing that it will bleed into a mess…

i buy plain water based air brush paint…i think it’s called Createx. i never have added anything to it, should i? will the clear acrylic make it bond better to the foam? i always worry when glassing that it will bleed into a mess…