airs.....

…I like the water trail off the fins and board in this “air sequence” .

Just thought I’d share it …

the ‘landing’ / recovery …

Now, about designing boards and fins for these manouevres ?? …

Fins???..Board design??? I thought it was playing airplane with the arms that does the trick.

funny you should say that …in ‘sprout’ [or was it ‘glass love’ , maybe ??] , ozzie wright has a batman wetsuit on , complete with wings , when he launches some airs on a decent sized left in ? the mentawaiis?

trippy…

it was sprout

what is even more crazy is when guys do the superman airs

If you scroll up and down really fast it looks like a Video!!!

And yes, Its all in the arm flapping…

…is this their great great grandson / “love child” Ozzy Wright ???

not sure if ozzy is the wright brothers love child but he does know how to flay…and some times he even has wings…bah bahmp bumph baaahhhh…

anyway to the question about boards designed for airs alot of the sites that advertise boards for this (strech / rusty) the idea seems to be flat rockered, wide down the line speed machines…sicne to get air you need speed to launch… as to fins have not found anything on that yet…

hi Raven !

funny enough , I was just watching 5’5 x 19 1/4 then , checking out the boards in that …tiny little disc-like things not unlike what ozzy rides nowadays. Chris Ward in particular was taking off late and deep [in the pocket pretty much] , doing a coupla speed wiggles then boosting . Interesting to see the recovery though …fairly squirrely on / in the lip , but with the wide “poohman” stance , a lot of the time he and Cory Lopez were making it .

Mostly sucky , head high and over waves where they were getting the speed though [stands to reason]. I thought that dvd also had j-bay in it , but that must be a different one .

ben

i vaguaely remember that movie…overall, the board was cool because it really opened up some peoples minds about what is and is not possiable on a board…but I have seen some footage in canada 5mm lauching some airs and the board there is mosr standard thruster looking, and the landings a re much cleaner… and what about christan fletcher any old footage of his airs from the 80s and what kind of board was he riding there… I do not think supper short is the only solution to the problem…

From …lost’s website

" The …Lost classic. Our version of the 70’s twin-fin fish. Ridden to fame by Cory Lopez, Chris Ward and A.I. in the video 5’5" x 19 1/4"and has remained virtually unchanged since. The most popular selling Fish model of all time. We made more in '04 than ever before. Comes standard this year with F.C.S. solid glass twins and rear keel, works great with Future or Glass fins as well . Paddles and trims like a longboard, yet turns on a dime. (Ride 6 - 8" shorter than your normal board.) "

The board is the …lost Round Nose Fish - mod fish design.

Good 'ol flipbook style…

nice …thanks Tenover !

that’s what I wanted to do , but I still haven’t figured out this gif technology [‘silly’ very kindly did my last few , and currently has a 100 shot sequence of one of kelly slater’s 10 point rides at teahupo …]

I have the rest of this ride of Ozzy’s [speaking of “flipped” …hehe] , if you’d like me to send it to you …

cheers !

ben

Howzit tenover,How did you get a video on the thread. Do you have a website or is there a website that you can upload video to. I have some video of the boys at Pine Trees that is good. Aloha,Kokua

His “video” is actually an animated GIF image. The best place I know of to upload videos for free is google video.

google video upload

Hope that helps.