amount for a swirl??

What is the amount of resin that i need to do a resin swirl with Pe on a 7’3" board??

This is just my #2 board so i think that it’ll be resin all over the room…

Thank you very much guys

From Portugal…

You don’t need any more resin for a swirl, than for a regular lam job.

Suggestion, based on my newly completed (Saturday) longboard with swirl both sides: pour out the amount of resin you think you’ll need into one container. Pour off the amount you’ll color, from that container, and pigment it separately. Add a little catalyst to the colored resin batch(es) if using UV cure. Pour all colors together, twirl your mixing stick 1/2 turn in the container, and pour it on.

I think for a 7’3" board you’ll need about 2 cups of resin, but I’d have to go back and check my crib sheet on the shelf with my catalyst and other tools first. You always make a note of how much resin a particular size needs, don’t you?

I only had laminate a 5’8" fish so i dont know how much i’ll spend on a 7’3" board!I have to start to take note of the amounts for the next boards :slight_smile:

Thank you…

From Portugal…

"You always make a note of how much resin a particular size needs, don’t you? "

Good idea !!!

I always make sure that I have extra resin and catalyst before I start a job but I did not think about recording how much I actually use.