an ancient mystery - solved?

well, one day from the winter solstice, shortest day of the year, and look where the sun is setting over RailHenge… which seems to have been aligned by the ancient ones, apparently to be used as a calendar… tomorrow night it should be PERFECTLY in the slot… now, if we could only understand the meaning of the chain…

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

remember it takes just two points to make a line. the creator made every tree in the world aline with both the sunrise nd sunset of every day of the year. Coincodince? I think not.

Quote:

now, if we could only understand the meaning of the chain…

From a fast glance at the photo I would say the location of the chain means somebody down there has actual common sense to go with an artistic eye…nothing worse than sitting on a bench looking out at the world through bars…

Quote:

well, one day from the winter solstice, shortest day of the year, and look where the sun is setting over RailHenge… which seems to have been aligned by the ancient ones, apparently to be used as a calendar… tomorrow night it should be PERFECTLY in the slot… now, if we could only understand the meaning of the chain…

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

The chain is to prevent acolytes from getting sucked into the Sun when the Alignment attains Perfection - I thought everyone knew that…

-Samiam

you may be on to something there, SamIam (by the way, DO you like green eggs and ham?) This guy looks acolytish to me… by the way, RailHenge is all 50/50 rails… I hear there is a 60/40 version way up North though.

Keith,

Beautiful pic. I always thought the chain was there so dogs could poop in the iceplant(seen it once or twice).