...AND, the shot I hope to NEVER get...

Hello Retro,

Because Humans are innately killers, hunters, and predators. I say this without pride or guilt. But, we also have intellect and consciousness and can choose not to kill. Your right. There is not any good reason to kill every dangerous animal out there. Whities and Makos are apex predators so there are relatively few of them anyway. Makos are pelagic hunters that feed on tuna and other fast moving fish. They pose little danger to humans as far as I no. Think about that huge fish chasing down tuna! Amazing. I live and surf where there are many Whities and numerous mountain lions. Never seen a Whitey, but find the kills from lions frequently. I wouldn’t hesitate to kill a lion that hung around the house showing interest in my kids or animals. I don’t surf around seal or sea lion rookeries anymore. I know that Makos(Bonita Sharks in Mexico) are a popular sport fish because of the fight and spectacular aerials. The fisherman probably was fishing for Makos and did not kill it out of fear. A waste of a spectacular animal,though, wasn’t it? Mike

Not sure what the sizes were on the sharks, sorry to start the controversy, I was just merely posting the pics because they are two massive creatures and they are good illustrations as to the size and beauty of some of our oceans creatures. It’s a shame they had to be killed though…