Another version of my 4th board, Sunnycomfort (Sbc thread, blast from the past)

U said one on one coaching…

Yep, it aint kelly hahahaha

So here is a project of rubbish to surfboard that started 18 months ago or more, when I collected two sheets of offcut eps building foam. In their own they were ready to be heated up and melted. So I took the two sheets to the @noosa_festival_of_surfing where @clouty75 helped me laminate the two 38mm sheets together in the Vac bag with just a bit of rocker. I finally got organised and decided to make a second version of my sunnycomfort. The glue lines are visible and the machine has popped a bunch of needs out over the entire surface. The spakfilla will be a god send. There will be some interesting stuff with a few lengths of carbon left over from the days of skate deck creation. I’m even contemplating some concave rail channels. So that makes 4 half shaped projects in the garage right now. Guess I’ll be busy in and around work and house stuff.

this one is 5’3" by 21" by 2.5"
where as the last one was 5’4" by 21" by 2 5/8" i moved the wid point back a smidge and played with the tail to put in a bit more V. But it’s sitting covered in spak filla now, will be interesting to see what happens when i get into working the bottom contours and rails.

Post spakfilla, pre finish shape
post finish shape.,
bottom lam in entropy with white pigment
profile shot with the fishy thing on the back racks

Hey sk8ment,

Would you share the Fin layout you used for the original board? Seems to be pretty similar to the stubby I’m currently building. Thanks in Advance!

It was based on the robin mair quad set up. If you search the gearboxsurf website. I’ll see if I can find it.
But I want to try the second one this time.

Finally got the Sunny comfort made from rubbish finished.

5’3"  21"  2.5"

there are more pics but its taking for ever to load them so im just putting these ones up for now.

The board looks great!

BTW your pics are all in the MB range. If you post smaller files, in the KB size range, they will load faster, and won’t appear sideways.

Looks real nice. What are the black lines by the fins, carbon fiber or pigment?

They are black futures boxes and maybe they are the shadow lines you’re reffering to?