Another X-tra large board....

Here’s some pics of another monstrosity! Hahahaha!!!

11’ x 25" x 5-1/4" 16" nose… 15" tail… Still needs to be finish sanded but its going surfing in a few hours… For Paddle surfing in Hawaii…

Front to back, waxed up and ready to go…

Back to front…

Fin set up… Box@ 5" and side bites at 16-1/2"…

The Logo says it all…

Aloha…

Hey Bruddah! What’s amazing to me is not that this board is 11’0, but the fact that you were able to keep it @ 25’’ 's. Have fun with it Brah, Although there are alot of guys here on Maui using paddles, I’m not quite ready yet. Maybe when I get my Social Security or my #2 vertabrae can’t be tweaked by my lovely lady chiropractor. I think for now I’ll stay with my aching neck and back and keep doing the Australian crawl. But who knows what my future holds. McDing

Maybe when I get my Social Security or my #2 vertabrae can’t be tweaked by my lovely lady chiropractor. I think for now I’ll stay with my aching neck and back and keep doing the Australian crawl. But who knows what my future holds.

HER …hopefully !!

wow , god stuff Carve !

…while this is a big board , [and, well done !]…

brace yourself …

now Roy is back what no “61” ?? [welcome, by the way…]

…you WILL see some BIG boards, here and there, from now on, I’m sure !

I personally am looking forward to seeing what you’ve been up to lately board wise , Roy …

cheers !

ben

Quote:

Hey Bruddah! What’s amazing to me is not that this board is 11’0, but the fact that you were able to keep it @ 25’’ 's. Have fun with it Brah, Although there are alot of guys here on Maui using paddles, I’m not quite ready yet. Maybe when I get my Social Security or my #2 vertabrae can’t be tweaked by my lovely lady chiropractor. I think for now I’ll stay with my aching neck and back and keep doing the Australian crawl. But who knows what my future holds. McDing

Howzit McMaui…

I ride all kinds of boards but lately I got hooked doing this. It was actually by accident. One day it was really small so I took out the 12 footer and paddle. Within an hour it was 3’ overhead. I was having soooo much fun I thought, how would this thing be in real waves??? That first big swell 2 Thursdays ago I took it out in some hollow bigger waves and got such an insane barrel and made it I was hooked! No way I coulda pulled it off without the paddle…

There is nothing like dropping into a solid 6’ screamer, setting your edge then pulling into the tube with a giant board all the while leaning hard onto your Canoe paddle. It’s really hard to tube ride a giant tanker but add the Canoe paddle to the mix and the lean angles you can achieve are amazing… Get behind in a section? Just paddle and go right by it! Hahaha!!

I am so into this because the fun factor is so high. On top of everything else, you will catch triple the amount of waves you normally would and because it paddles so fast you can surf multiple spots in one session… If it gets crowded I sit out sets just cause its a sure thing you’ll get one when you want. Everyone thinks people hate me cause of this set up but the reality is I always give waves away because I get so many. I’m always the furthest guy out with the first pick so guys get stoked when you just let them go by so they can have them… After you give a bunch away you pick the best…Hehehe!

Anyway, mahalos for the kind words… Aloha

BTW, I met a relly cool guy from Maui named Archie Kalepa. He was riding dirt bikes with my friend Tony Moniz in one of our trails… K-den…

Aloha Carve Nalu:

Very nice. I like the fact that it has volume but the tail and nose is pulled in. I was thinking about making a 12’ with the left over 1 lb. EPS and epoxy that I have from my fishing board. How much do you charge for shaping a 12’? Where do they sell those long paddles? That looks like something that I could play with.

Mahalo,

D

Quote:

Aloha Carve Nalu:

Very nice. I like the fact that it has volume but the tail and nose is pulled in. I was thinking about making a 12’ with the left over 1 lb. EPS and epoxy that I have from my fishing board. How much do you charge for shaping a 12’? Where do they sell those long paddles? That looks like something that I could play with.

Mahalo,

D

Howzit Uncle,

I don’t shape boards to sell but the last 12’ board I made a guy bought it from me with one ding and some small shatters for $900. I think you could get at least $1100 if its colored and new…

Long paddles can be bought at Island Paddler on Kapahulu or see Todd Bradley. In fact, I’m gonna see Todd tomorrow for another paddle… He makes the carbon fiber ZRE paddles longer. They are soooo light!

Aloha…