ANY INFO ON HIWAY 1 STATUS ?

There is a spot up that way known for big lefts and extreme locals. Although since it’s out in the middle of nowhere, there aren’t any true locals except for the owner of the house and trail you have to traverse to the bottom of the cliff. Plainly seen from the Hwy if you’re looking down. Way down. Is the spot I am referring to south of the slide?? If it is that spot would be considerably less crowded than usual. Tblank??

I spoke with a city rep out in the water at the rock yesterday and he said since the slides (multiple) … That they don’t even know where or when to start repairs.

His thoughts were that most of the entire stretch will need to be rebuilt - no repaired. That means moving a lot of earth and re routing roads.

The back road to plaskett is semi open - you can access sand dollar but willow I believe is blocked.

Was reading the CNN article and looking at pictures of this landslide. 13 new acres added to the California coast. What would be cool is if, in a few years, a new Rincon or Malibu or Superbank gets created from this slide.

Knot likely. Took hundreds if not 1,000’s of years for Rincon or Malibu to form up.