Any Pig advice/info please

As promised here is a pic of my first shape. 8’8", 60/40 rails, slight vee in the tail, mostly parallel outline with a little extra curve in the tail. Not as pigged as I originally dreamt up, but looks and feels like it’s gonna go. Will report back after I surf her! 

nice board

2cts …i have a tim stamps pig 10.1…javelin model…put a 8.5" RFC D-fin in it…

rides fine to me…but then again…i guess it’s like any shape(mini simmons, bonzer, hull, fish,etc)…

made for certain waves…so i guess its how you use them…

I apologiize in advance for all my past negativity and what may be taken wrong here and now.  

There was a picture posted off Lance Carson’s website without permission and without mention.  Do you have any idea how great a shaper he is?  Just because JIm Phillips regularly posts here does not automatically place him at the top of the heap.

Bill Thrailkill is another master who was there and knows from experience not reference.

just for kicks check out Dewey’s pigs and understand why the wide point or hips being moved back worked so well for the ripping “little man on wheels”.

All this sharing and technology is mostly a gift that has allowed the average to not pay the dues that were absolutely required in the past.

Build the board, steal some piggish curves, put a fin box in it(another gift) try a Dfin,flex fin, cut-away,thick fin,thin fin, wood fin, pivot fin,drivey fin, tunnel fin,winged fin etc.  Start tweaking the rocker and moving the wide point.  Try different designs for different surfers, trying to match the best combination of all the variables to his or her particular needs,talents and weakness.  Begin to understand what specific waves may require, again matching it to a rider.  ETC.  Now you have scratched the surface of being a competent custom shaper.

Pigs turn well.  Nice boards.  Anyone who with a basic set of skills can build a reasonably marginal surfboard that they can have fun on.  I Quit, have fun.  Good bye.

Sincerely,  Screwfoot

**Ah, post #30 was a while back and the tread needs to get back on track (LC FN cool Tband) so lets all get refreshed!**

**Aloha!**

OPS