Anybody used the 5'10"RP to build an 80's style shortboard?

Looking to build something to bust the mush this summer/spring.
Thinking 5’10" x 21 ish…
Twinzer
Swallow tail
Maybe a wing

Looking at the USBlanks catalog…
http://usblanks.com/catalog/fish-eggs/510rp/

The stock blank has a bit too much rocker to my eye…
My local supplier also stocks them with the “classic frye” rocker.
And, he can get them with a few inches of the center cut out.
I am considering those options as well…

Anybody used it?

I’ve used that blank a lot, but I normally either use if for shorter lengths and/or order a lower nose rocker.

I might be completely wrong about it, but I would think that taking the flatter center section out of the blank would result in more curve through the middle, not less.

Using a 5-10 blank for a 5-10 finished length could get a little dicey if the ends are less than perfect. How do you feel about the 6-0 R?

Thanks for your input GDaddy…
Sometimes it helps to just think out loud especially with folks here at Sways who can throw ideas out.

I checked out the 60R, it actually looks pretty good too. I had not considered it but am now…
If the board ends up shorter than 5’10", that’s fine too.

Considering the 65A also. Although I am thinking that it has way more foam than I need to start with.

I have used the 62A once in the past and it ended up being my favorite board ever…
Maybe I should stick with that?

The owner of the supply shop said it was cool to bring in my template and such… Maybe I should bring a rocker stick too and check out all three blanks. 60R, 62A, and 65A

Again, just thinking out loud.
Input is welcome

For a 5-10 I’d cut an inch off the tail and two off the nose of the 6-2 A. Mike

I used to use the A-series blanks more but have gotten away from them as a result of not liking (as much) the actual combination of curves they use to get their end points.

Actually mapping the rocker numbers for the blanks in the CAD software has shown me that how they get to their respective end point rockers varies considerably.

I’ve done quite a few at 5’10. That’s always my path and the 6’2a. They work great.

I’ve used the RP? As well with good results …

Those 80’s style boards may fair better with a thicker blank if you want to adjust the rocker or wait the 2-4 weeks and order it.

Thanks for the input everybody. I like that board Mako! If I remember correctly you did a thread on it right?

Right now I am leaning towards getting the 6-2 a but dropping the rocker both nose and tail. To my eye the a series blanks have a weird, abrupt peak in the rocker right in the middle.

Can’t remember if I made a thread on it just posted it in the latest build thread. Its my copy of Mark Richards Bumble Bee.

The 510RP is actually 5’11 1/2" on the bottom…you can get your 5’10" easily