Aquarium longboard

Thanks to all of you for the inspiration and especially to Kokua for his gloss recipe which I have been trying for the first time (guess what? It actually works!), I have just finished this 9’4" x 22 7/8" x 3 1/4" for a friend of mine. Glass is 2 x 6 oz on top, 1 x 6 oz bottom with a 6 oz patch over the fin box/plugs. The “aquarium” deco is fabric inlay with Posca pinlines. Next best thing to having a lexan porthole in your board…

Nice!!!

I want one.

Very nice.

I really like that.

Excellent! Nice work. Us Hawaiians like to look for He’e (octopus) when we are looking underwater. Perhaps I should make a board with octopus, lobster, crab, Mahimahi and all other the great seafood. Perhaps some French seafood dishes too!

Us Hawaiian, always thinking about lunch!

Good job,

D

Thanks everybody for the kind comments! Just in case you would be interested, I did a topic on Shaperoom.net about the making of this one, from shaping to buffing. Sure enough, it’s in French, but I included 58 photos of all steps. Here’s the link:

http://www.shaperoom.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1593

Uncle D, what about a Luau with some good French wine one of these days?

Howzit balsa, Checked the other pics and nice job on the board. The gloss came out nice and smooth just like it is supposed to.Aloha,Kokua

Thanks to you, Kokua. Do you know how many fine glosses you’re responsible for, now?

I think you deserve some kind of medal. “Swaylock’s Honour Medal”, how about that?

Balsa -

Belle!

Fantastique!

Exceptionnel!

Balsa, you’re just giving me more ideas to steal :slight_smile:

Very nice!

Very nice. Its got the funk factor.