Arctic Algae Foam

So the patents came thru recently and it is on the market. You may have seen it at Del Mar. I was in O’side this past week and Marty Very kindly comped me one to shape and report back. Nice tight, white and lite. I’ll be cutting into it soon.

Ok soon?  How’s it shape?  I’ve been using their original foam in the green density and it’s reaaly nice.  

Done in conjunction with the UCSD Professor?

Have been tangled up in Moonbeams, glass shops and long drives. I’ll hopefully cut into it next week.  I had to hide it to keep people from trying to sneak it into their pile.  Lowel

Cant wait to hear how it is!  I guess I should give it a go and find out for myself haha

You will hardly notice the difference between them and a standard blank. 

They arent leaps and bounds different. More like the subtle differences between a standard Arctic vs millennium vsUSB.

First all the ones ive touched so far are CNCed so I cant speak to hand shaping one.

The foam is slightly harder. Similar to the STL formula they do. So it scrubs a touch better. Compression wise, it just feels a bit harder.as well. 

The structure is pretty tight so they glass well. I was brought a few and didnt realize they were any different than the rest of the boards in the batch both visually. and  in relation to how they react being glassed.

Have  a few blanks that I plan to hand shape as soon as I can to see how that goes.

Note: they do qualify for a SUSTAINABLE SURF BADGE.