ARE THE PINK 2091 3M FILTERS RIGHT FOR SANDING HOT COAT AND FIBER GLASS??

Hi everyone.

Ive read for an hour or so searching on the archives for this. But im getting a bit confused.
I have a new 3M 6200 half mask.
Bought the 6003 organic vapors filters for working with resin ( im going to be using poliester ). And I have a pair of new pink 3M 2091 p/100. I see a lot of videos where those are being used for shaping the blank. I dont see anyone using them for heavy sanding hot coats and fiber glass.
I just came upon a thread where someone said you adjust something ON the organic vapor filter for sanding resin and fibre glass.

checkmate

…better to use the 2097.
You have several options: 7093 with the half or full face masks. 2097 alone with the masks or with a cover on any of the 6000 filters you can fit on top to provide maximum protection.
You should have an extractor and a big fan in the other side.

Thanks reverv
I read now that the 2097 filter gives you protection against vapors as well.
Do you think I can use the 2091 if I sand outside?

…you asked about the pink filters, but is only dust, so whatever mask that filter fiberglass dust or like that can perform the work. The only “paper” mask that are not suitable are the thin ones that are made to sweep, recollect etc. its too thin.

I see…

I can smell the resin when I sand it. Maybe meaning there’s some vapor released, because it heats up a bit , or the sanding itself…
I thought you were telling me 2097 are better because they also filter vapors.