art work / decal stock

hello form NH, I have a question about the type of paper that can be used for artwork that gets laminated under the glass. I am an architect an I have access to a 24" wide plotter that will run various types of media. I am sure that Mylar would be a bad choice, but dose anyone know how velum or just plain old bond would work? any help would be greatly appreciated