Asym fin placement help

Looking at a twin on the toe side and a quad on the heel. All placement measurements would be taken from the point of the corresponding swallow tip. Anyone have any suggestions?

As in what do you think for a fish twin placement for the toe side, and an effective quad placement for the heel side?

Hi sk8ment. I don’t know if I have an answer for you, but I put fish twins in line with the crack and the tips. Quad fish I do the same for the rear quad fin. The lead fin about an inch in front of the rear fin. Same toe and cant and distance off the rail. Like a keel, but split. If I was interested in asym boards I probably would shape an asym tail and put a keel on the toe side and quad set up on the heel side. Too late for that on your board, but maybe think of your heel side as a MR type twin and put the fin in that configuration. About 8 inches up from the heel side tip. Make sense? Mike

pretty much exactly what i have ended up doing.
measures for a fish/keel kinda thing on the toe side and a quad heel side. took measurements of my fish for the toe and a fav quad for the heel.

Forget measurements. There are no magic measurements we can give you that will help you. Hopefully you shaped the board with a plan in mind. Put the board on the racks and use your eyes. How do you envision the water interacting with the rails, bottom and fins. Take some fins and maneuver them around the board until you like what you see. Tack them on with some masking tape so you can see your mock up from both nose and tail. Work at it until you like the placement, toe in and cant. Place them accordingly. Best help I can offer you.

Much like Mako said, I used measurements I had in mind, but also eyeballed it, making sure I liked the placement. Quad placement was 5.5" rear and 10.75" forward. The twin side was 5". Must be okay, because it’s the owner’s favorite board (at least, that’s what he tells me!).

Have made 4 asymetrics …found the toe side twin fin has to be fairly far back like 9 3/4… try keep the heel side quad set up not to far up as well or you end up with a strange thing happens where the board kinda side slips on certain angles…carefull not to place the rear quad to close to the centre . Out near the rail better goes better…

Agreed on the short rail placement. On my latest personal, I went off the tail with normal quad placement. Board works well, but overall, I think it would’ve been better if I’d set the fins back a little more.

Heres my third asymetric board. Note the new fcs 3 plugs hahah…not really just filled and drilled fcs 2 …to change the placement…the little finlet helped a little too…board was going pretty good untill my leash broke and it washed in and met the cliff face at uluwatu…total write off dings everwhere…nearly broken in two…rip asymetric