Backyard Build

Bud,… question for ya…  Why do you have the US Blanks logo on the final product? I won’t say that it lessens the aesthetic of the board at all, just wondering… do they give you a discount on blanks? Maybe some Tshirts? A case of beer?

Very nice craftsmanship. And also a very nice documentary. 

Drew

First, tanks for posting. This is really helpful for someone like me who is just getting started.

Second, The board looks amazing. I just ordered one with a very similar outline (fuller through the nose), but it’ll have a squash tail rather than a diamond. I thought about doing the fluted channel like yours, but ended up going with a 5-fin setup so I could do the thruster thing ocassionally. I would love to hear about how this board works in different conditions

kool man i really enjoyed your build thread.  i was taking notes the whole way through.  plus the yellow looks rad.

thanks Bud!

windyy

bud...love ya work mate. I didnt even stop to watch the vids, I just kept scrolling as the stills were enough...top job!

love seeing you work in a confined space, doing everything in the one room, I love it. Im in a similar situation, its all about being organised, in fact Ive spent more time getting my "shaping-glassing-sanding-repairing" bay organised than I have pumping out boards.

board looks great, was wondering is that going to track given that deep bottom contour?

cheers mate

m

Howzit Bud, Nice board, but why use the yellow squeege for the whole glassing process? I used my Thalco squeege for the lay up then would use a yellow just for finishing the rails. I am old schooled an cut an inch off my Thalco to make it more flexable and we only used them in the days of yore. Aloha,Kokua