Bamboo fins

Anybody in the USA have a supplier for bamboo fin panels?  Greenlight used to have them but no longe. rAll I find online are bamboo plywood (alternating grain plies which I don’t want) and/or they’re from China.

Certain Bamboo cutting boards, can be used.     Need to be single layered.     Perhaps some Bamboo flooring could be used as well.    

Can’t help on supply, wrong side of the pond. But don’t be afraid to experiment with multi layer bamboo. It looks good when done right.

We have a few suppliers of bamboo ply over here, but chopping boards are the cheapest option 

Those look great Billy.   Bamboo flooring is ok, but so much of it is not solid, but laminate.  Try a google search for bamboo or bamboo lumber in Hawaii.  Used to see a wide variety of bamboo uses over there.

I just took my own advice and clicked on “bamboo in Portland”.  Came up with several things worth looking into.

bamboo cutting board fins I made for $5. Picked up at Ross.organic also 

2 X cutting boards in a pack and made 4 fins :slight_smile:

PM Bernie. He might have some panels. I made some bamboo fins from something be got a long time ago. It looked like it might have been for stringers, it was long, but I forget how wide.

Yesterday I noticed some pretty nice bamboo cutting boards at our local “anything and everything” store aka Bi-Mart.  Six $$ each.  Looked like you could get four Keels out of each cutting board.