BEST FIN SYSTEM

Have read throug the archives on the available fin systems out there, FCS, OFISHL, REDX, and FUTURE. All seem to have plusses and minusses. I suppose my question is this, which fin system would be the easiest to instal without purchasing the cooresponding $130.00 instalation kit. thanks and any help is most appreciated

Have read throug the archives on the available fin systems out there, FCS, > OFISHL, REDX, and FUTURE. All seem to have plusses and minusses.>>> I suppose my question is this, which fin system would be the easiest to > instal without purchasing the cooresponding $130.00 instalation kit.>>> thanks and any help is most appreciated Go pay to have a local glass shop install Red-X !! No affiliation

Have read throug the archives on the available fin systems out there, FCS, > OFISHL, REDX, and FUTURE. All seem to have plusses and minusses.>>> I suppose my question is this, which fin system would be the easiest to > instal without purchasing the cooresponding $130.00 instalation kit.>>> thanks and any help is most appreciated Go pay to have a local glass shop install Red-X !! No affiliation

If you live near Rhode Island I can drop REDX in a board for you. It is well worth it, trust me.

If you live near Rhode Island I can drop REDX in a board for you. It is well worth it, trust me.

i made my own jigs, with stuff from home depot. for the fcs system… since the plug holes are round, i use a hole saw on a drill and sink them with no problems so far…75 boards and counting!!!..use some ingenuity!

bj, could you tell me how I could go about installing FCS plugs using homemade jigs. Specifically, what material do you use to secure the plugs. Can a simple mixture of milled fiberglass and resin be used? Also, how do you go about setting the plugs so that they are flush with the bottom of the board? Thanks.

Anyone have a homemade H tool for the FCS if that’s what it’s called? How do you make the connection to the deck especially for the center fin? Thanks a bunch, Håvard

I put plugs on a fin the traced the pulugs on to a piece of wood so the plugs were the correct distance apart then i drilled the holes and i clamp the jig or what ever you want to call it to the board with two small clamps but dont clamp to hard or it might ding the board. but after you clamp it you can drill away and it woun’t move. But be carefull when you are drilling you should do it slowly. And on the hole saw you should draw a line around it so you don’t go too deep and add the thickness of the jig to the line so you can just stop when the line gets to the top of the jig.