Best SUP on a Budget?

Most of the Costco SUP’s are in the 25 lb+ range.  The advantage is that if you don’t like it, you can always return it.  Water leakage on any cheapo SUP is from improper / poorly installed handles, leash plugs, finboxes, vents; so either get a good warranty or fix these.  Most of the SUP outlet stores have demo boards, and I recommend that you take your GF there to see what she can carry by herself.  Most of the carrying problems can be fixed by using a long strap handle or a couple of leash plugs with loops for the paddle. Or get a set of these http://www.supwheels.com/SUP_Carrier.html.    SUP shapes that are more like over-sized LB’s are the most stable, but also heavy (which is why they’re stable).  To get below the 25 lb range, the construction will need to be 1.5 lb eps and CF,  which is out of the < $1K pricing.

Hey Dwight!

Thanks for the info.  That video was hilarious…good quality too.  I’m still shopping around at the moment.  I went to a Play It Again Sports store (similar to a sporting goods store) today and they had a few 10’2 models from different brands (Bettis, Isle, Paragon) that looked pretty sweet.  They were all real light and under $850 with paddle, grip, etc.  I might pull the trigger as my girl loved the design of one of them.  Thanks again.

Dumd and dumber....or is it just plane dumb. semi nude gals make everything OK. ???

The asshole that runs the shotboard crew at my local just got major respect from me for stuffing the SUP snake. Several times...and everyone out was happy that the local asshole did what he did...funny how it works...

Screw your SUP. hot girl is happy with Coke bottles...it's not the money....do you have the Mojo? ...

https://swaylocks7stage.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/rocket.jpg

Has anyone learned anything more about the current SUP market and boards from Asia ?

A friend recently bought 2 Asian boards form SUP Atx and they look good but you can see the construction is super minimal and it is already showing signs of falling apart.

But the price was pretty cheap at $900 per board.