Big Sur 2018- sept 21-23

KSBW News (Monterey, Salinas, Santa Cruz) had a report tonight that the repair is cracking after two months - only cosmetic (!). The repair will continue to see settling for a few more years (!!).

Hi - In spite of record breaking warm water down south, Central California waters are still sub 60s for the most part.  A few days of onshore winds and it could get colder.

I’d love to check out one of these and ride some of those waves, but I get cold in Hawaii. One of these days, I make it up there to meet you guys.

Water temps are holding around 61-62 F. at this time . 30, Aug. 2018. Small boat advisories with gale winds predicted next couple of days. Wind usually peaks in strength at 4:00 pm. most days.

You should come through SharkCountry!

That would be really cool!

Decent wetsuit makes ALL the difference.

Great to see everyone and catch up… Great time, good food, cold beer, great weather, great fishing, fun surf.

Thank everybody.

Any pics

What happens at Plaskett, stays at Plaskett

I’m nominating wideawake’s hot curl as the most attractive, and most interesting board of the trip.

Come on guys, post photos; I wish I could have been there but alas…

2010 looks like yesterday to me…

Appreciate the kind words mark. 

I was quite surprised at how many people gave it a go. And how well they were able to ride it. 

I only took one picture. It’s posted haha

i think we were all too busy surfing. Although Ian got some pics on Thursday I think. 

That Hotcurl was a blast. Like a good D-Fin board but faster!!

Great Trip!!

Great weather friends and surf>>>>…

First, let me apologize to Mark Everysurfer for  not showing up after offering to let me share his spot. The truth is I forgot about the weekend and was thinking’sometime in October.’ Lately, I’ve been buried clearing out my mother and father’s house so I can sell it and other estate issues. Not much surfing or fun of any kind. Bummed I missed it, but happy you all got fun waves. Mike