Bing Bonzer Deck Repair

Hi, i’m a new member here.

i just bought a Bing Bonzer, (6’11"x20.25"),

the board has had a repair to the deck because of some delamination.

The issue is that the deck was reglassed without building up foam that was lost

from the delamination.

There is a ridge on both edges of the repair where at the junction where the old lamination begins.

Any suggestions on how to get the deck faired out?

thanks.

Turn it into a “Soft Shell Wibulator” AKA “Pendoflex”…The hard part is done just add the squishy foam…

Welcome Draco,

Ace has provided you an easy, and smart, way to solve your ‘‘problem.’’       A classic masking of something unsightly, without appearing to do so.

Ace, Thraikill:

Thanks for the response.

Just so i understand the reference, this is add foam deckpad over the repaired area,

somthing like an EVA pad like the stuff used on paddleboards.

is that correct?

thanks!

Yes.

Yellow board + Black pad= Coolness

Fiberglass Hawaii has Video on how to repair a sunken deck. They use a sheet of  1/4 Divinycell  but I think the foam pad would do the trick. 

How you repair this board depends upon how badly you want to maintain the originality of the board.  And; how much effort you are willing to put into it.   You could cut the sunken patch out with a trim router.  Mark it with a Sharpie and cut it out.  Check the depth and determine how deep your cut out is.  If it is shallow you might get away with layering a couple of layers of six ounce in the cutout and then a final layer that would be feathered a couple of inches onto the surrounding deck area.  I have filled delams with lite weight spackle or q-cell .  Some guys use Pour Foam.  You could also glue Divinicell into the cut out.  Take into consideration added weight and have a plan on how to hide the repair cosmetically…    After repair and sanding, you might be able to paint a deck panel that would cover everything and look original.  That’s a decent looking old Bing Bonzer and with the effort if you are willin’.  Throwing a deck pad at it is a lazy man’s coverup.