Bing Team Rider boards - no signature or s/n?

Picked up a Bing board recently - pretty sure it is a Levitator.

Can’t see Matt’s signature or s/n but it does not look like it was ever reglassed…so wondering if maybe board was a team rider board?

I know board came from CA.

Is there such a thing as a Bing team anymore?
While the practice of writing on boards has become common in the last few decades, there was a time when you were lucky to find a serial number. The fact that even a fairly new board has no markings indicates pretty much nothing, except that nobody wrote on it.

Could be just not visible through the white pigment.

Looks like a board that was snapped or buckled and fixed. But you should be able to see where it was snapped if it was buckled and fixed you may not know.

ah yes - that makes sense.

I cant see any breaks so guessing a buckle.

Hard to see anything so def a pro job, but it makes sense since Bing is typically meticulous about documenting their boards.

Wondering if a buckled board is worth keeping around or just a ticking time bomb ???

If the repair is done well it should be no more or less likely to be problematic than any other board, IMO. All boards are subject to damage from the surf. If the repair was done poorly, that’s a different story. Be nice if you could talk to the guy who did the repair, but I’m guessing that’s unlikely. So it’s a pig in a poke, as they say. Just have to go with your gut, enjoy it while you got it, and hang it up or pass it on as you see fit.

Just a double dip lamination, Brimo set many a board aside waiting for Matt to pen and ink it.
It possibly was Adam the managers board, but NOT buckled, original glassing

oh nice. Like Jim’s answer best, but appreciate both possibilities :slight_smile:

Also shape feels like it could be a custom/Adams (?) - very Levitator like, BUT only 2 1/2" thick and very thin rails, which I haven’t seen on a Bing yet.

Could be a tricky ride.

Jim Phillips knows best. I was going to say the same thing. I’ve seen several with that type of coloration. The white pigment is translucent enough you should be able to see if there was a substantial repair like a buckled board. Clean off all the wax and shine a spotlight through from the other side(?)

It looks like Nuhhiwa Lightweight noserider model they were doing until 2015. Like the original noserider, but wider and thinner. Original lamination color scheme . If its 23 1/4" wide its the lightweight noserider. If 24"+ levitator.