Black board lamination & hot coat questions

Laminated a black longboard his week. Black on black. Lam came out super rich deep black saturated. Looks great.  However, when I laid down the hot coat I got a bunch of pin holes on the bottom, probably from the Lam being a little dry or squeegeeing too hard etc.

QUESTION IS THIS:  I don’t want to sand into the hot coat and open up pin holes and get fiberglasswhite dust trapped in the holes, especially on a black board - this would be very displeasing. Should I just run another thin layer of hot coat over the holes and fill them in before sanding? Then gloss coat? My main concern is not getting white holes showing up on a black board:::::::

ALSO:::What are opinions on adding more black pigment to hot coat? If the Lam is deep black enough is it necessary/advisable, or would it just make sanding more difficult?

Thanks for the help.

If you get dust is the pin holes you can blow them out or wipe it with styrene and they are gone…

If you want a solid blacked out board you gotta tint the hotcoat or you’ll see the weave. I’ve seen it look good both ways.

I’d sand it super flat… Not worried about light exposed weave… Then do another thin black hotcoat ( this should only require a light sand… Then gloss ( possibly black as well). Any sand thrus you have at any stage of the game will most likely show. Probably not real evident but you’ll know they are there.

Others may suggest differently… Each board is its own and not everything is an always and forever.

In 1960 I made a gun with a see-thru black gloss.       That thing looked BAD ASS.       Rode good too.        BUT…you could fry an egg on the bottom, if it was exposed to the sun, for even a few minutes.       Sitting in the lineup I actually had wax melt on the deck.       The old fashioned hard Parowax, made for canning!       My point is, that you’re in for some ‘‘issues’’ related to the color.      In my case, about two weeks after I made the board, I sanded the colored gloss coat off, and re glossed the board clear.      That ended the color related heat problems.      Just be aware that there is a flip side to all that bad ass good looks, of an extremely dark surfboard.

Yeah the color was a special request from my lady friend: she has wanted a pure black longboard for ages…so I am obliging her - might be the first and last one she ever wants. 

I’ve got a longboard with 3" wide black resin rails on a red glass job.  The board is a beauty but I am very careful not to leave it in the sun.  The black gets amazingly hot in an instant on a summer day.