Black & White Pin Line; Do You Sand It?

Hey there,

So like, do I sand this with some 400 grit to sharpen it up, or is that just how it looks now?

Cheap tape - bad prep - no bueno on the timing when you pulled it - combo off all three 

take your pick. 

Wrap some 220 around a razor and clean up the outside of the white line. And then knock it down a bit  

The inside where it touches the black - not much your gonna do about that without having to go back with the black. 

If it was me, I’d knock it down and true it up with a razor, then retape it and redo the black line - probably with a posca pen, less chance you’ll bleed. 

Then gloss it. 

Buy a few rolls of cheap tape - practice pulling it to get good nice curve - no kinks. Then get some quality tape. Makes all the difference. 

Learn from this one - it’s a long game 

Thank you.  I used 3M 233, automotive tape and pressed it down with the wdge of the razor.  It was tacky when I pulled it.  Maybe it bles because I taped it on the black line itself?  I did 2 parts gloss, 1 part sanding resin.  It kicked slow… hmmm maybe thats it.

…It was raining today.  Maybe thats what happened 

Well disregard, I just sanded it all flat with a little piece of 400 grit.  It looks great.

cool.  I always wetsand my resin pin lines, and usually try to get a little clear over them too.