Board #0002 getting surfed

My 9 year old daughter Madison, on her first true day on a surfboard, caught a wave on her own [Nags Head, NC - last week]. Pappa’s proud :))

EDIT:

[link to the board in resources: http://www.swaylocks.com/resources/detail_page.cgi?ID=1299]

Stoked, both she and you. Good on you.

Hope you get a few bigger waves soon.

Yeaahh!Mike

That’s such a great feeling isn’t it? You must be very proud.

Tell me, is she a goofy with the leash on the wrong leg or is she already switch footing??

Don’t worry my 3 girls all did the same, hard enough worrying about standing up than working out what foot to put up front.

Well done…

How cool, you must be so stoked.

Very cool !!!

“Fathers be good to your daughters”

And this is the way parents discover their children are left handed…

Are you sure you want your daughter to be saltwateraholic like us???

"…Sail on, Silvergirl,sail on by,

Your time has come to shine,

Allyour dreams are on their way…"

Quote:

That’s such a great feeling isn’t it? You must be very proud.

Tell me, is she a goofy with the leash on the wrong leg or is she already switch footing??

Funny thing, I’m a goofy foot and wear my leash on on right leg. I didn’t give Madison any instruction on which way to stand or which leg to attach the leash to. She came up with that combo all by herself. Go figure. And to everyone, thanks for the comments and positive inspiration. I thought it would be cool to have my kids surfing; but I certainly didn’t expect the epiphany that occured. Watching her surf is better than surfing myself. Now that the 9 year old is up and riding, I need to get my 6 year old daughter and 3 year old son surfing. The 3 year old is going to be a hellman which means more water time for me :slight_smile:

I had the same feeling - I really wanted my kids (2 girls 7 1/2 & 6) to have the chance to try surfing as we always go to the beach. I pretty much gave up golfing & the idea of trying to get the family into that… I like the “every wave is free” concept as opposed to $60 per round of golf…

“The family that surfs together stays together”

Nice board & I’m sure your daughter is going to treasure that picture!

"…THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT !!! "

Way to go Gun kie !!

ben

fun …what it’s ALL about …lest we forget …