Board show in Ventura

It’s been awhile since anybody had one there, it occurs to me that with a little ambition and a lot of work that a person could organize one, what does anybody think about it???

(I thought I posted this earlier but now it has disappeared - weird)

Might try the Longboard Collecters Club

They rebranded the outfit as the Vintage Surf Collector Club a couple years ago.

I just got next year’s schedule two days ago and Malibu is as far North as the meets are going so far, but if you could come up with an acceptable venue maybe Jeff would add another. 

http://www.vintagesurfboardcollectorclub.com/

VSCC 2020 Calendar:

1/4/2020 - Malibu Boardriders

2/8/2020 - RVCA Costa Mesa

3/?/2020 - Newport or SB or HB Meet (Pending Approval)

5/2/2020 - The BOARDROOM @ Del Mar Fairgrounds

6/?/2020 - Doheny Summer Surf and Art Fest

7/?/2020 - Hobie Dana Point (Pending Approval)

9/?/2020 - SHACC San Clemente

11/7/2020 -THE BIG ONE

Who needs those guys.  Swaylocks Bros should be able to pull off a show on their own.  

This was my thinking, but just seeking some insights, direction, suggestions, etc. Not really seeking the auspices of any group per se.

Honestly?  You start with the daily cost or rent on one building.

A one day show at the Fairgrounds on the same day they are doing the Swap Meet.  Preferably a Saturday.  You’d have to secure the venue and date, then contact potential vendors.  Square footage of the building will determine booth size and number of vendors.  The number of vendors and their rental fee per booth is what would determine whether or not the event brakes even.  The admission fees and any $$ resulting from raffles and auctions are profit.  Pretty simple really. 

OK thnx, was really looking for any insights on a theme or focus, surfing or surfboard wise, something fun for a lot of people, not really looking to compete with the board show in L.A. every year, but thought it might be nice to host something in Ventura again.  Might pursue it if I get inspired, or maybe just forget about it, right now just tossing it out there to see if the Swaylocks crowd had any thoughts.

Themes and Focus are esoteric.  Logistics are the bottom line.  Logistics make something a reality.  

Given a long lead time it would give sways members time to set up an opportunity to show off their good stuff  , the kind of thing that is not mainstream but stuff that would open the eyes of surfers to new ideas new construction methods new materials , hell it may even generate new Sways members , stuff like Everysurfers nearly indestructible boards , Wideawakes finless boards , Thrailkills twingle , Hucks wood boards and many more ,  in fact given enough time it could become a major Sways event , there are lots of hotels in Ventura , surf shops and on occasion good surf , for those that dont know the fairgrounds ( the location Huck is talking about ) is right on the beach and I think is the location of the very first pro or prize money surf contest in the US and was put on by Tom Morey , I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong , but its a great location for Hucks idea , just dont do it when the fair is in town . I would be in  , it could be the Sways event of the year with members coming in from out of town or out of the country , we could organise surf trips to the ranch or the channel isles plus a big BBQ  ,we could burn a pig  , swap boards , lie about how big the last wave you caught was , way too much fun .