board storage

just wondering how others store their boards? i hang two on my garage wall with straps that loop around hooks and hang four from the bottom of the loft in my garage with climbing rope, then i built a little “shelf” with rubber wrapped around 2x4s for my paddleboard. my surf mats just hang in their bag on a hook. it seems to work for me, just wondering how others manage.

i have a 2x4 running across one wall of my garage, i have about eighteen 24"x.5"wide pvc pipes that are screwed into flanges on the 2x4 running across the wall, then on the pipes i have pipe insulation to pad the boards. then i have carpet running across the floor underneathe. each pipe holds one or two boards. it works really well and provides easy access to my stuff, no hooks or ropes or straps or anything. -steve>>> just wondering how others store their boards? i hang two on my garage wall > with straps that loop around hooks and hang four from the bottom of the > loft in my garage with climbing rope, then i built a little > “shelf” with rubber wrapped around 2x4s for my paddleboard. my > surf mats just hang in their bag on a hook. it seems to work for me, just > wondering how others manage.

I use a 2x4 as well, but rather than flanges I just drill spaced holes along the length that allow me to pound 12-16" PVC pipe into the 2x4. Carpet or foam along the floor underneath as well. I also have used 3/4 electrical conduit which is more rigid and will also work for quick horizontal storage of blanks, laminations or ding work. TS>>> just wondering how others store their boards? i hang two on my garage wall > with straps that loop around hooks and hang four from the bottom of the > loft in my garage with climbing rope, then i built a little > “shelf” with rubber wrapped around 2x4s for my paddleboard. my > surf mats just hang in their bag on a hook. it seems to work for me, just > wondering how others manage.

I use a 2x4 as well, but rather than flanges I just drill spaced holes > along the length that allow me to pound 12-16" PVC pipe into the 2x4. > Carpet or foam along the floor underneath as well. I also have used 3/4 > electrical conduit which is more rigid and will also work for quick > horizontal storage of blanks, laminations or ding work.>>> TS I prefer the vertical storage along the wall as well, but here is a link for a design of an alternative: http://home.att.net/~plyracks/ Max