bottom for a semi-gun

I plan to shape a 7’3*19"*2" 3/4 semi gun, pintail. But I wonder what kind of bottom I should make… I will use this semi-gun for an easier paddle in winter (the water is so cold in France in january or february…), for mid waves (2.5m), usually these waves are not glassy. I was thinking about a double concave to Vee: could it be ok? Or perhaps vee in the middle is better? Thanks! Bzh from Brittany, France.

I think I would go with a flat (or slight belly), to vee through the fins, to flat off the tail.

I think I would go with a flat (or slight belly), to vee through the fins, to flat off the tail.

I agree- slight belly in the nose, flat midboard, to vee two feet in front of fins, blending to flat off the tail. This makes for dependable performance in thick fast sometimes less than glassy winter waves. My Bushmans 7’0 - 8’0 guns are like this and they’re great. I say save the concaves for smooth conditions and high perfomance miniguns in the 6’6" to 7’ range.

I agree- slight belly in the nose, flat midboard, to vee two feet in front of fins, blending to flat off the tail. This makes for dependable performance in thick fast sometimes less than glassy winter waves. My Bushmans 7’0 - 8’0 guns are like this and they’re great. I say save the concaves for smooth conditions and high perfomance miniguns in the 6’6" to 7’ range.