Brand new board fin toe angle wrong

I guess you are talking about the filler that the plugs are set in?? The white pigmented milled fiber or Q-cell?? I don’t think I have ever seen any glass shop and or individual set FCS plugs in a perfect circle of resin filler. The diameter of the hole has to be oversized in order to set the Cant. The Canted plugs will be to one side of the circle of filler.

Understood… so why aren’t the white pigmented circles around the plugs the same? Either the holes were drilled out asymmetrically or the plugs had some asymmetry introduced during installation.

That was kind of my point…

Hi reverb - I’d say something is ‘off.’ I’m not saying it matters. Again, kind of my point all along… a certain amount of induced asymmetry is practically a given. I don’t sweat it too much but I do try to minimize it. The resin around FCS plugs is just an example. Get out a micrometer and you’re gonna find all kinds of shit. You can see the asymmetrical white resin rings around those FCS plugs easily with the naked eye. Likely no big deal! That was my message to the OP of this thread… don’t sweat it.

Well typically when canted normally one side of the resin filler ringing the plug will be a bit wider than the other. Usually the inside. Rule of thumb is to check the cant and toe. Straight edge, adjustable square, tape measure etc.