Breezin by Allen Main

I just purchased this board and I was wondering if anyone could give me any helpful information about it.

On the deck and underneath is a graphic that reads: Breezin by Allen Main. It looks like Allen Main has signed the board near the tail, but there are no dimensions written. On the underside is a South Bay Glassing graphic. The board itself is a 6’8" pin tail thruster with glassed on fins. It is also a very thick board (I don’t know the exact thickness).

Any information would be appreciated.

it was made in ventura california he had a shop here on main st but long gone, think he is still around.

…wasn’t that the name of a surf movie , back in the '70s , '80s , and allen shot it ?

ben

Allen has been up in Humbolt County for maybe 15 years…into fishing and surfing. He made boards for some of those years under the the North Coast lable. On proper swells…he is known to show up at points south of the border…Really good solid surfer…He used to give the Ventura surf report on KMET radio station in LA…he lied often or he would have been run out of town.

Roger

I don’t remember if he shot a movie called “Breezin”, but I think he did shoot one called, “A Silver Sea”. Had a small shop across the street from Willam Dennis, on front street. Then moved up the hill a little when he opened Breezin. It was near an old bakery called Strimples. Davey Miller was his main rider and claim to fame as a board builder.

Allen shot some unreal footage of a couple of Aussies, Mark Warren and Bruce Raymond?? Large cranking Scorpion Bay, Baja. 1976 or so. That’s the right point that is south of Punta Abreojos, people live for that spot and it rarely gets as big as that footage that Allen took on that trip…That may have been in the possible Breezin film.

“Allen shot some unreal footage of a couple of Aussies, Mark Warren and Bruce Raymond?? Large cranking Scorpion Bay, Baja. 1976 or so. That’s the right point that is south of Punta Abreojos, people live for that spot and it rarely gets as big as that footage that Allen took on that trip…That may have been in the possible Breezin film.”

thanks mate !

that DEFINATELY rings a bell…

it was featured in ‘Surfing’ mag at the time , i’m sure… frame grabs , perhaps ? [as well as Dan Merkel stills , from memory ?]

cheers

ben

Wasn’t it “Standing Room Only”, shot mostly at Scorpion Bay, and there was some sort of legal wrangling, his name got removed?

South of Humbolt.  Mendocino County and the Lost Coast.

i think Main got the Breezin name from a George Benson song of the same name…70’s era song…song worth a listen…Breezin Boards not nearly as good as the song IMO…