Brian Taylor`s "State of S" premiere

“State of S” is a documentary surf film that unveils a first-person perspective of the forces, ideas and environments that serve as a catalyst in bringing about radical changes in surfing.

Beginning with the short board revolution of the 60’s the film spans over 30 years of George Greenough’s incredible impact on surfing worldwide. Featuring interviews and exclusive footage of George Greenough, Tom Curren, and Mick Fanning.

Also featuring Nat Young, Bob McTavish, Dick Brewer, Mike Hynson, Ian Cairns, Peter Townend, Matt Moore, Brad Gerlach, Darren Handley, Joel Parkinson and Dean Morrison. Soundtrack includes tracks by Pearl Jam, Robert Owen and Inure.

Original Score by Fernie Apodaca and Todd Hannigan, whose previous efforts found their way into ‘Shelter’ and ‘Thicker Than Water’.

Premiere Screenings:

Wednesday, September 8, 2004 - 8:00 pm

The Belly Up Tavern - 143 S. Cedros Ave., Solana Beach, CA 92705 - (858)

481-8140

Sunday, September 12, 2004 - 8:30 pm

The Casbah - 2501 Kettner Blvd., San Diego, CA 92101 - (619) 232-4355

Friday, September 24, 2004 - 7:00 pm

The Santa Barbara Maritime Museum - 113 Harbor Way Suite 190, Santa

Barbara,

CA 93109

(805) 962-8404

With live performances by soundtrack artists: Inure, Robert Owen & Chris Mueller

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

I’m stoked to see the video, especially after seeing the short clip about a dozen times already. Any idea when it’s coming out on video/DVD? I’d love to go see one of the premieres, but as I’m nowhere near CA… Wish there were more travelling surf movies like McCoy’s Blue Horizon. Sure is cool to see them in the theater. A rarity that the premiers make it to Hawaii, much less the Big Island…

aloha

waxfoot