brushes...

just a thought…is there a way to clean brushes and then take them out of the acetone to dry so your not letting it just evaporate??? that way, if youre a BY shaper/glasser building one board a month, youre not spending money every week on acetone. thanks Josh

josh I’ve found that if you wash your brushes in a little acetone then keep them in a sealed container of fresh,clean acetone you shouldn’t have any problems.

or another alternative is as one of the other guys said the other day acetone your brush letit dry then shove it in the washing machine with your shaping clothes, just dont let your girlfriend catch you!

just a thought…is there a way to clean brushes and then take them out > of the acetone to dry so your not letting it just evaporate??? that way, > if youre a BY shaper/glasser building one board a month, youre not > spending money every week on acetone. thanks>>> Josh after you take the brush out of the acetone blow it off with air to get all the acetone out and hang it upside down.

after you take the brush out of the acetone blow it off with air to get > all the acetone out and hang it upside down. …funny how people can do the same thing, 1001 different ways,I like storing mine up-right and letting the residual run down to the handle.this helps bond the bristles.You only use the tip half of your brushes anyway.Herb

…funny how people can do the same thing, 1001 different ways,I like > storing mine up-right and letting the residual run down to the handle.this > helps bond the bristles.You only use the tip half of your brushes > anyway.Herb Howzit Herb, that’s how I do it,but I keep my hot coat and glossing brushes soaking in acetone at all times. Aloha Kokua

If you cut a little “X” in the plastic lid of a coffee can, you can slide the handle through and keep the bristles inside soaking in acetone without it evaporating very much. It also keeps the bristles off the bottom of the can where cruddy residue hangs out.

good idea john…will have to try that. thanks man. -Josh