Buddy Dumphy Board

I own a vintage Surf Line Hawaii board shaped by Buddy Dumphy. Is there anyone here that knew him that could give me some information on it or even be interested in purchasing? Thanks in advance!

Threads like this always get a lot more traction with pics. Otherwise it’s a pig in a poke.

Looks like it was built in 1975… cool board…
http://stokednboard.surfingheritage.org/pdf/Surf_Line_Hawaii.pdf

pictures added!

Knew Buddy Dumphy back in the 80s when he would come in to Tower Records all the time. He was big into jazz. A really great guy, super nice and humble about what he did for a living. Tragedy what happened to him. Would like to have a board. Where are you? I’m in Hawaii but go to the mainland every now and then. Let me know the length of the board and how much you want for it when you get a chance.

Thanks for the post.
Ray

Buddy made some really nice boards for surfline.
Here’s a story from Gerry Lopez.
http://www.patagonia.com/blog/2008/04/the-buddy/

got a 9-6 Buddy Dumphy when he did a few shapes for Hawaiian Style. I still ride it but thinking about selling it since I am down sizing. I will get some pics today

pics

more pics

I wonder why no mention of Ryan Dotson or Dickey Delong in Gerry’s story
I still remember that borrowed blue Dotson Surfline I destroyed at pipeline
Is Chris Green an Ewa Beach local?

Jim Green, or Kimo Greene was from Ewa Beach, Chris was not. Chris Gardner (RIP), Dickey DeLong and Jim Greene were the top local board builders in our area, but there were many more. Isaac Tanaka, George Kaholokula (RIP), Mel Behasa, Tim Maccafferty, Robbie MacDonald (RIP), Scoopy and Gooney, and more.
I think Chris Gardner was the one who got a lot of the others started. He was also instrumental in Lightning Bolt, but I don’t have the details. I saw Ralph Palmeira the other day and he said Chris Gardner gave Dickey some classic short board templates. The ones we would see a lot in the early 70s.

Beautiful board.

Thanks it is for sale