Build thread - 7.2 bonzer and 7.6 midlength glider

Nice ride report, and nice boards. I like bonzers too, might build another one someday. Thnx for the follow up. Got any beach shots of the boards? I always feel like a build thread isnt complete until i see the beach shot :slight_smile:

Unfortunately no beach shots.

Most of the time I walk from the apartment to the beach with as little stuff as possible. Don´t want to leave my phone or anything at the beach when I´m in the water surfing.

When it was small, I rode my 6.6 minilog / stubby. That´s the only beach shot I got. My wife made those two pictures attached on a very small day.

Luckily there have been a couple of days with shape and size like this.

(Not a picture from me, not the same date, but the same spot)

That´s when the bonzer egg really lightended up.

Do the stringers at the rail first.  Form the rail shape at the stringer using a nice sharp Mini-Plane or a rasp.  Then carefully sand the foam to match the wood using a block and sandpaper.  

Thank your for the tip McDing. I´ll try to keep that in mind with the next board (which will most likely have a double stringer)

I´ve bought a nice small pocket-sized plane with a blade (not razor blades like the one I used before).

And I´ve bought a couple of japanese waterstones and learned how to sharpen that blade.

This works a lot better than the rasorblade plane I use before.

And I no more use the super elastic PU glue that was so thick it built up a quite thick glue gap between foam and wood.

I now use a PU glue thats more fluid, gives a tighter gap between wood and foam and get´s quite hard.

The harder glue is much easier to sand. The elastic, nearly gum like glue was quite impossible to sand.