Building 7'10" funboard

Just wondering which blank to use. I am considering a 7’11" R. Any recommendations would be great. Also any techniques and considerations would be great.Thanks. Rob

I used a 7’11 R (resource 586 – free advertisement) and it turned out great. Easy blank to shape for a funboard, it’s real close tolerance. The only major change I made was to put a heavy crown in the deck and knifey rails – It’s very loose, fast, and cuts into the wall; just what I was looking for, but I don’t take it out when it’s small, I only take it out to slow breaks when it’s big – it’s my Salt Creak board, or Trestles when I want a leg up on the competition.

I used a 7’11 R (resource 586 – free advertisement) and it turned out great. Easy blank to shape for a funboard, it’s real close tolerance. The only major change I made was to put a heavy crown in the deck and knifey rails – It’s very loose, fast, and cuts into the wall; just what I was looking for, but I don’t take it out when it’s small, I only take it out to slow breaks when it’s big – it’s my Salt Creak board, or Trestles when I want a leg up on the competition.