c-drive

Alberto in a old post ask about c-drive and where he can find…

Europe: just contact me

Australia:contact feraldave

Quote:

I am the maker of C-Drive in fiberglass with a core insert in glass-on or tag fins using fin solution plugs. I’m located on the Gold Coast in Australia my contact number is 07 55231294. Kindest Regards

Rod

what about getting some in california?

Finfektion,

Have you tried the c-drive in a twin fin set-up? I was wondering if the c-drive’s wider base would make a twin a little less drifty.

g’day mate, coming soon just gearing up to do production runs in larger numbers. all r&d has been completed

dean morrison will be surfing on them at bell's beach comp.

Can I get some with tabs for FCS thruster system? I’ve heard the negatives- that they can overpower the FCS boxes- but I’d like to chance it.

Tubedog. Contact Dean Cole at Email: cdrivedeancole@bigpond.om Dean and Troy Clutton are the designers of Cdrive.Dean will be more than happy to help you. To make the fins fit FCS just cut out between the Fin Solution tab. If Cdrive fins pop out the FCS plugs just show you how rubbish they are compared with the Fin Solution Plugs. Peter

No vested interests there eh Peter, not a friend of yours by any chance?

Have you actually got your machine working yet?

Why didnt you just buy an APS and get it over with?

Cheers mate

Seethesea You are full of information but who are you, I have seen boards and e-mails complaining on the poor designs and quality like rail of different shapes so why buy something not up to it, anyway the software is only 2D so when you design anything in 2D its all guess work there are so many things the software is not able to do like step decks. So show your face and yes my machine is working nicely thanks Peter

Quote:

Seethesea You are full of information but who are you, I have seen boards and e-mails complaining on the poor designs and quality like rail of different shapes so why buy something not up to it, anyway the software is only 2D so when you design anything in 2D its all guess work there are so many things the software is not able to do like step decks. So show your face and yes my machine is working nicely thanks Peter

I doubt that the APS3000 machine cannot do a stepdeck, however it’s not straight forward in the APS3000 program. Reason I’m saying this is I did the Fat Penguin in the program. I had some problems, but Mike helped me out. I think the FP is the ultimate test for a surfboard design program.

regards,

Håvard

the program does do step deck, i have done several with it! i also thought at the beginning i would need 3d , but after designing about 3-6 boards and getting them cut i found it was unnessacery to get a great shape. the only problems ive had with the rails have been with poor glue ups and stringer cuts in the blank… this is eliminated in 30 seconds when finishing the blank… i know that at least one operator of a shape 3d machine does his own glue ups so his stringers are spot on…

Quote:

“… So show your face …” Well, okay, if it will make you happy…here you go then !!

Anyone who’s been using these fins care to give an opinion on how they perform?